All complaints must be submitted in writing. Both complaints and compliments are considered confidential in that they refer to interactions between two or more parties to which the FFETA Committee weren’t privy but are prepared to act in a conciliatory role only, unless there’s evidence that the member has acted in a manner that has the potential to bring the association into disrepute.There are three categories of complaints/compliments. Below are the steps that will be followed with regard to each.
1. Complaint/compliment in writing will be presented to the FFETA committee
2. Both complaints and compliments will be redirected to the member
3. Inform the originator of the complaint/compliment of the action taken
4. Close File
1. Complaint/compliment will be presented to the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer (Executive) and if believed valid would then be presented to the FFETA committee
2. Complaint will be submitted to the appointed 3rd Party Inspectorate* at FFETA’s cost
3. Both complaints and compliments will be redirected to the member along with notification of the appointment of a 3rd Party Inspectorate where applicable
4. Findings of the 3rd Party Inspectorate will be heard by committee and any omissions or queries identified will be redirected back to the 3rd Party Inspectorate to answer
5. Based on the findings and recommendations of the 3rd Party Inspectorate, the committee will consider the following options :-
6. Close the file based on the matter having been successfully resolved and give notice of same to both parties
7. Refer the matter to the authorities (Local Authority, Chief Inspector for the Department of Labour, the South African Police Services) along with the report from the 3rd Party Inspectorate and give notice of same to both parties
8. Close File
* Since committee members are predominantly employed by FFETA Members and it would place them in a difficult position to adjudicate a technical matter by a competitor, technical issues are refered to a 3rd Paty Inspectorate acceptable to FEETA, based on their technical knowledge and experience with the equipment named in the complaint. A 3rd Party Inspectorate is a company that offers this service, does not compete in the market place with those who design, install or maintain and is not associated or connected with another who design, install or maintain the equipment in question.
3. Conduct of Members
1. Complaint / compliment will be presented to the FFETA Executive Committee (the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer) and if believed valid would then be presented to the FFETA Committee
2. The Executive Commitee will appoint a committee member to investigate a complaint and report back to committee their findings and opinion
3. Both complaints and compliments will be redirected to the member
4. On hearing the feedback from the appointed committee member with regards to a conduct complaint, committee will adopt remedial action where appropriate and notify the member of that decision.
5. Complainant will be thanked for their participation and informed of the outcome of the action taken without giving details.
6. Member will be advised of committee’s decision. Member has right of appeal which must be submitted in writing within 30 days when it will be referred to an independent arbitrator and each party will carry his own costs
7. Close File