Consumer confidence is a big factor in driving sales. As a member of FFETA, your company gains a considerable advantage, since consumers know they can rely on the reputation and integrity of members. Our Code of Conduct is well publicised, as is the dispute resolution process available through the organisation.
Being able to display the FFETA logo on your publicity materials, advertising and websites is a distinct advantage. You also benefit from being able to advertise your products and services free of charge on this website, which offers sophisticated search tools to enable customers to find the company or service provider best suited to their needs.
Customers are encouraged to compliment, complain and make suggestions about their experiences with our members through the website. These are treated as confidential and seen only by committee and the member concerned. The committee will not entertain complaints of a commercial nature but will definitely consider matters that are potentially at odds with the association's code of conduct, its constitution and rules.
Members are assured of representation from the committee in matters of dispute where the member hasn't deviated from industry standards or isn't at odds with the association. This could include matters under investigation by the SAQCC (Fire), the Department of Labour, the SABS, the Insurance Industry and the Courts.
FFETA is always available to consumers as a source of information and guidance. However, it cannot interfere on matters of a commercial nature and will not recommend one member ahead of another. It will further avoid adjudicating quotes or promises made by members.
With the vast years of collective experience of our members, the association has the means to establish working groups to lobby against unfair practices and provide valuable input into new suggestions and legislation. If you’re serious about the fire fighting industry, you need to be part of our organisation because FFETA is the Catalyst for Good Business Practices.
What you need to become a member of FFETA
The basic requirements to become a Corporate, Associate or Branch member of FFETA are that the applicants must submit proof of:
- Being a separate legal entity registered in terms of the governing Companies Acts and Regulations
- Public Liability Insurance to a minimum value of R1 million Rand
- Defective Workmanship Insurance to a minimum value of R50,000 with policy details
- Support improvements to the law and administration, and promote beneficial legislation or other measures affecting the Association and the fire fighting equipment industry.
- Defective Product Liability Insurance to a minimum value of R 50,000
- Tax Clearance Certificate annually to prove that the member is of good standing
- Certificate of Good Standing with the Workmen’s Compensation Commissioner
- Current SANS 1475 permit (where applicable)
- Registration of personnel with SAQCC Fire (where applicable)
- Adhere to the FFETA Code of Conduct
- Sub-contractor must be a FFETA member
- Subcontractor’s agreement signed by both parties indicating scope of work and accreditations
- Evidence of subcontractor’s(s’) SABS approval, SAQCC registered competent persons, SANAS accreditation or any other accreditation as relevant
Should such facilities management company make use of another sub-contractor or if the approval or accreditation status of its subcontractor change at any time, it is the responsibility of the facilities management company to inform FFETA and submit supportive documentation otherwise membership can be withdrawn.
Fees are payable annually as follows:
Corporate: R1 100 (applies to industry members)
Affiliate: R290 (refers to people or organisations who are not directy engaged in the supply or servicing of fire equipment, such as serving Fire Brigade Officers, SABS officials who aren't afforded the privilege of voting rights)
Branch: R290 (only appliable if the pricipal is a Corporate member.
In addition, there is an application fee of R200.
How to join
Please familiarise yourself with the requirements listed alongside before completing and submitting the application form below.
You will be asked to upload the following supporting documents, so please have them ready: Proof of payment; Tax Clearance Certificate; WCA Good Standing; Public Liability Insturance; Affiliations; Accreditations/Permits. If these are not available right now, you can still create a profile for your company and add them later.
Please note that your company will not display as a FFETA member until approved by the administration. If you have any questions or queries, please contact Rosemary: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 011 455 3157.